Cybersecurity for Healthcare
Securing hospitals, doctors, research labs and health institutions from cyber attacks.
The healthcare industry is the number one target of cyber-attacks for several reasons. Healthcare providers are often targeted by ransomware as it is well known that withholding patient information and critical applications could potentially be life threatening. Due to these circumstances, healthcare institutions are more likely to pay the ransom.
Furthermore, healthcare sectors are notorious for using outdated software making them an easy target for attacks. Healthcare providers are among the types of institutions we need to trust the most with our information. Healthcare infrastructures is vital to the well-being and safety of the public. While public and private hospitals, medical institutes, and research labs handle sensitive data, it is imperative those institutions address the emerging cybersecurity challenges.
Trusted Security Partner
- Gridware is a leading global cyber security company with consultants operating in 20 countries
- We collaborate with major universities, insurers and law enforcement agencies, addressing cyber threats affecting healthcare institutions worldwide
- Our incident response team resolve major cybersecurity breaches affecting the Australian healthcare industry by working to identify, detect and respond to cyberthreats
- Ransomware prevention for critical data assets
- Security auditing and penetration testing to identify unknown security gaps
- Implementation of bank-grade anti-malware detection and mitigation solutions
- Automated security monitoring provision and SIEM alerting
- Advance threat management and defence capabilities that help prevent targeted attacks
- Australia’s best-in-class cybersecurity professionals helping healthcare industries meet enterprise-level security standards
In October 2019, Victorian hospitals across Gippsland, Geelong and Warrnambool were hit by ransomware attack that breached and wreaked havoc on their systems. A number of critical servers belonging to the hospital were brought down and some files were inaccessible until the ransom was paid. It’s suspected that the cybercrime syndicated used malware originated from either North Korea or Russia however the origins of the criminals are unclear.
Supporting healthcare institutions across the world
Fighting cybercrime requires a multifaceted approach. Gridware firmly believes the best approach requires an effective combination of the expert advice to improve security controls, building multi-layers of defence with leading security tools and constant improvement of the human element of security awareness.
Learn how your can start to tackle this issue with your organisation by speaking with us today.
In order to fully evaluate and raise your level of cyber immunity, it’s essential that you work with a cyber security company like Gridware to understand the day-to-day IT processes involved in healthcare sector, the nature of assets to be defended, their key data and using latest threat data to assess the impact a successful attack could have.